Mom, You're one in a Million

Beautiful words... usually. Except this time my son was saying them while shaking his head at me.

I had just told him how I had bought something after having an argument with myself. I had just got a fantastic deal, but when inquiring with the seller, I had told her I don't have a husband to argue with about buying, so I'm just arguing with myself to convince myself to buy.

My son had said "How do you argue with yourself".

Like this:
Me: Oh that looks like a really good deal.
Also Me: No, Mel, you don't have extra money at the moment, and I'm not sure you really need more beads.
Me: But they're all brand new. Worth over R5500 for just R1000. It looks like a really good deal. And my other account isn't looking that bad...
Also me: Fine. You win. (Pays over the money).

My son's response being the shaking head (perhaps rolling his eyes - he is 12 after all), and the comment "Mom (sigh)... You're one in a million"

Thank you my child, I'll take that as a compliment.

**Later that night** I thoroughly enjoyed going through my latest purchase.  My son (who's the parent here, anyway) laughed at me "you're like a kid with lego".  Best description ever. And so true!! I was digging through the tubs of beads and pulling them out and looking at each piece "oooooh"...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Perfectionist Inside

The raw reality of Mental Illness

The bigger the better…?