Hair we go...

I think my hair has been every colour for the past week. I love experimenting with my hair. Luckily I'm that person who knows that it's only hair - it grows back.

A few weeks ago I cut it very short. Along with that, I coloured it bright purple.  I loved it. It suited me.  Then everywhere I went I saw people with purple hair.  I got sick of it very quickly (never mind the fact that it's extremely high maintenance).


So last week I started wondering if I should go red again (my hair has been mostly some form of red for the past 20 years).  Then I came across silver grey. "Before I go red again, let me try this silver grey".

Saturday - I washed as much of the remaining purple out. I tried the silver grey, but it was not going to take over the purple. So I bleached the purple out (didn't really want to - I bleached my hair 6 weeks ago).  I only left it in for a few minutes - until the majority of purple was out.  Made sure I still had hair... then set about mixing the silver grey powder into conditioner.  Spread it over my hair. Left it in 40 minutes. Washed out. Ugh! It was a horrible light "something" colour.  Decided to give it another try. Luckily the colour is non-chemical.  This time mixed it1:1 ration - hoping the colour will take better.  It took this time, but the colour was still anything but silver grey (or close to).  It looked like a dirty mousey colour. Not much more I could do but leave it.

Sunday - hated my hair and was convinced everyone at the shops was staring at my hair.

Monday - Went to work and got some very different reactions. Some saying it didn't suit me, they don't like it... Some saying they much prefer it. Others saying it's very flat - needs some highlights.
Monday night - Washed my hair to try lift the colour. It worked. It was lighter.  But not silver grey

Tuesday - My hair didn't look bad, but came out looking like an Ash blonde with reddish highlights. Starting to get used to it. Looked better than before.

Wednesday - Colleagues were obviously too busy on Tuesday to notice the difference, or it looked different again - most commented that I'd done highlights!?

Thursday - I started to see some strange tinge in the front. Almost green.  Maybe my imagination?

Friday - Somebody looked at me and exclaimed "You've put green in your hair". Nope, but it's obviously there!!
On the upside, one of our regular visitors / drivers arrived at the office looked at me and asked what I did with my hair.  I replied I'm still not sure about it.  His reply "Dayam! It looks hot. Funky". Well that made my day and now I'm not even bothered what it looks like. Ok, I lie... I'm a little concerned.  I've resigned myself to the fact that it probably won't actually work out to be silver grey (I'll try again, and if it still looks a little green, maybe add a touch of purple toner). It won't be the end of my made hair days...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Perfectionist Inside

The raw reality of Mental Illness

The bigger the better…?