100 Happy Days

On 20 June 2014 , about 6 weeks after my entire apple cart had been upturned, I decided to start my 100 happy day challenge.

I started it for myself, as it should be.  I decided I was not going to let somebody else dictate my future happiness and hold the upper hand in my life where he no longer belonged.
I registered on the website www.100happydays.com and loaded my first picture to Facebook that evening at 8:56pm.
The post read “Day 1. Happy because I have 2 awesome children.  Today – my son who makes me laugh every day”.  A beautiful, sensitive little boy who has a sense of humour like no other child.  Whether he means to make me laugh by cracking a joke or doing or saying something silly (like: “smelling the garlic makes my mouth run” - trying to explain that the aroma makes his mouth water), every day he’ll get a giggle from me.

The following day my daughter and I helped out a friend with the entertainment for the festival she had arranged.  My daughter and I walked around the market with our heads held high and showed what strong women we are.

The following day’s post read:
Day 3 – My daughter who makes me proud of who she is and how she thinks about life”.  She makes me proud to be her mother and that reminds me daily that I have done a good job even with all the trials life has thrown me.  At the age of 16 she shows a maturity beyond many adults I know.

Day9 – chocolate cake in a cup

Day 17 – Clean, Fresh, Crisp towels after a long hot bath

Day 23 – Family lunch for Sue’s 60th

Day 29 – haven’t been this happy to welcome the weekend in ages 

Day 34 - Happy 10th birthday  to my darling boy <3

Day 41 – beautiful winter sunsets (getting later)… Changing seasons (Picture courtesy of my man)

Day 48 – our bosses treated us to a night out at Madame Zingara. Awesome fun-filled night had by all

Day 50 – flowers and choccie (hand delivered to my office on a Friday afternoon)


I have so far done 52 days.  I’ve found its been a challenge – some days are more difficult than others to find something to be happy about.  I have also missed 1 or 2 days (not sure if it makes a difference to the challenge, but I always come back).  I have found that in general I am much happier.  Maybe its because I’m finding things to be happy about, or maybe its because I have a blossoming relationship with a man who makes me feel like a queen.  My relationships with my kids have been better too.  In general everything seems brighter.  Its rather sad that it took a challenge to get me to this point, but in future when I start feeling bad, I’m going to make it a mission to find something to be happy about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Perfectionist Inside

The raw reality of Mental Illness

The bigger the better…?