The cold never bothered me anyway...

I don’t mind winter too much. 

The cold is never fun, but what I do love is the clothes– I find them to be quite stylish.  Its usually what’s worn underneath the top layer that is generally anything but sexy.  As I sit and type this, I’m wearing 3 pairs of socks – one of them being knee high thick woolen socks.  The other 2 are for warmth on my feet.  Unfortunately due to the thick socks, I find the soft material of my work pants sticks to them and start riding up – showing everyone my socks.   I try to stick to black socks with my black pants, but sometimes I forget and I wear my stripy pink or multi-colour stocks and its not a becoming look for the office.  Today I am also wearing my “big girl panties”… I’ve been wearing a figurative pair for a few weeks now, but today called for an actual pair of “Spanx”-type pants under my work pants (my butt cheeks get cold – very cold).  Nobody can see them (the Spanx), and hopefully nobody will (although I’m announcing it to anybody who may just happen to read this).  One tank top to keep my stomach warm, a long-sleeve t-shirt and a woolen hoodie with a scarf.  My thick jacket was removed when I got to the office, but I’m still wearing my fingerless gloves.  Whoever invented fingerless gloves was a genius.  I can do all my daily activities (except of course if it involves washing dishes or going to the bathroom) with my gloves on!  I can drive and type freely and my hands are still warm. 


The one thing I do miss during these cold winter nights is a warm body next to me.  I’ve considered putting out an advert for a cuddle buddy, but what if they snore…. The electric blanket and my cat (along with layers of clothing and blankets) seem to get me through the cold nights.  The only snoring I occasionally hear is the soft snore of my dog if she decides to come keep me company during the night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Perfectionist Inside

The raw reality of Mental Illness

The bigger the better…?