Get up!

This week is the "October Break" school holiday.  Only a week long, but a break nonetheless.

I get to sleep in about an hour later every day because I don't have to be up at 5:20 (in time to get my son to his school bus by 6:15).

Every morning this week, my "puppy" (he's a year old now and huge) wakes me up by hitting my bed.  Normally I can't get this dog up in the mornings. He is the laziest dog I've known! He wants to sleep in until 6 - or later.  But this week, he's woken me up every morning. He hits my bed - multiple times.  He just sits and hits his paw on the bed. I was getting very annoyed because my one chance to get a little lie-in has been taken away by a dog!!

This morning I had a different thought.  Maybe he's not trying to annoy me, but maybe he's actually got a built-in timer. Although he's not always very bright, he's not a stupid dog - he's been taught a few little tricks within minutes (sit, paw, lie down).  He also knows a few words (his name - Koda, outside, what's this, along with some others). He hasn't quite grasped the word no, or not to chew everything (and he still wants to attack our visitors).

Maybe - just maybe - he's not being naughty, but actually trying to tell me that I need to get up.

...Or maybe he just wants to go outside to wee.

Yip, this is how he often sleeps "in" his bed. Sometimes he hangs out even more

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Perfectionist Inside

The raw reality of Mental Illness

The bigger the better…?