Soap in my eyes

Tonight I got soap in my eye... Well, conditioner. I lay back in the water and washed it out. It made me think about how differently the kids handle soap in their eyes.

The eldest: girl. 17. I have no idea when she last got soap in her eyes. She's pretty much been independent since she was 8. When I got divorced. She probably does the same as me (she has picked up a lot of my traits).

2nd: Boy. 11. "Mom.... Mom! MOOOOOOMMMMM!!" "What?" "I got soap in my eyes".  Well there's no much I can do about it. Wash your eyes with water. Use a face cloth" "ok..."

Youngest: Boy. 9. "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" if no reaction, again at a higher pitch. One of us usually runs in because it sounds like he's bring attacked by "something". My "deal with it" approach doesn't work and the screeching continues. So I send in his father. They both shout at each other but in the end calm is restored.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Perfectionist Inside

The raw reality of Mental Illness

The bigger the better…?