For every bad, there is a good

Not everything that seems bad is actually bad. 

You've heard the sayings... "don't judge a book by it's cover"... "there's light at the end of the tunnel", "You have to take the good with the bad". 

You need to stop, take a breath, and take note of everything that is RIGHT, instead of dwelling on everything that is wrong.  We tend to focus on the bad things, forgetting that there's a bit of good and bad in everything...

How many times do you find things happening and your reply is "that's so typical" or something along those lines. Something negative.

Sometimes you need to find the good in bad situations.


Take my evening last Monday... I was racing to finish some sewing before loadshedding hit at 8pm. Loadshedding: the time out we often get given by Eskom- our electricity provider). Yea, we actually have a daily schedule and wait to hear what "stage" we'll have each day if (or rather when) it kicks in.  We were due to go out at 8. Instead of ranting over the fact that we have to live life like this, I accepted that this is what we've been given - I cannot change is, so I need to learn to work around it (even though I do acknowledge it is extremely annoying).

I sat and sewed a bit- watching the number 4 thread reel in my overlocker hop around - ready to run out... Noooo, not yet, I have a few seams to get through!!!

As I sewed the last seam, the thread reached the end.  I was done with the night's sewing.  Next time I sit and sew I'll be re-threading the entire machine - which is much needed as I need to clean it at the same time.  So in my opinion - that all that bad (as I may otherwise be tempted to continue sewing and hit a crises when it really is not needed).  I smiled, satisfied I had completed my simple task.


I Packed up my sewing, got the kids of to bed (all 3 of them by 8 - even the 17 year old - although I'm pretty sure she had her cell phone for company).  I smiled again.

8:01 pm- oh, we still have electricity, awesome.
8:02pm Boom. Blackout. They're late hahahaha.....


8:05 I started running my bath by candlelight... Bubbles - of course.  I had a (very quiet) relaxing bubble bath, hopped into bed and reminded myself that "Every cloud has a silver lining."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Perfectionist Inside

The raw reality of Mental Illness

The bigger the better…?