*Splash*

That was the sound of me jumping into the deep end. Again!
Today I signed up as a freelance writer on an international freelance work site.  I'm not sure if it was in a moment of bravery or stupidity.  And now I'm consumed with FEAR!
Fear of what, I'm not entirely sure.  It may be because I'm suddenly not so sure I'm that much of a good writer... even though countless people has told me to pursue this direction.  Maybe it's fear that I already have so little time in my day to devote my time and effort to (jobs, family, children, studying, crafts etc etc etc)...


Probably the biggest fear is that I recently made a conscious decision to "TAKE CHANCES" this year. On hearing how somebody who was once a nobody worked her way from being a single mom barely making ends meet to being the owner of one of the *top* in-home companies in America (and really doesn't need to work she makes so much money, but she does, because of her passion to her business)... All because she TOOK A CHANCE.
I want my passions to work for me.  I want to work for my passions. Writing is one of those passions.
For as long as I can remember I've enjoyed writing.  I used to write stories as a child, as a teenager I ventured a little further and wrote much longer stories.  I "once-upon-a-time" even started up my own magazine (it didn't last long but I did it).

I made the decision to take a break in my studies.  I'm not sure its what I want to study, and my head isn't in the right place.  The strange thing is, when I decided to study, it was between Event Planning and Journalism / Copy-writing.  I really wanted to take the writing course, but so many people convinced me it wouldn't get me anywhere... I really wish I'd taken that course rather.

I also decided to put my Pure Romance business on the back burner.  Maybe one day I'll attend to it again, but for now I have to do what excites me.  And I'm doing that.

The change of mindset also brought about a much needed break which I will be taking this year some time.  To Mauritius.  I believe my positive thinking is what made that dream come true.  I told my fiance one morning that the winner will announced that day to win a trip to Mauritius, and added that I'll be winning it.  I told him, "If I send you a message telling you to get your passport sorted out, you know we won it".  The message I sent a few hours later "better get your passport sorted!!".

This is going to be a good year, and I'm going to make it happen!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Perfectionist Inside

The raw reality of Mental Illness

The bigger the better…?