The lost art of Wooing

I'm already hearing the background mutters. Wooing? What's wooing?

Do men still attempt to woo a woman these days? I'm afraid I'm yet to find out if they even know the meaning.


Maybe I'm just old fashioned. But I can't say I really enjoy getting regular proposals from men whose aim is to "get you in the sack".
"We all get lonely and have needs so let's help each other out".
"I can't offer you much but my body".
Do men think I'm so desperate that I'll fall for these lines?

I want to be wooed. I want a man to make me swoon!
(I may be using words these men have never heard of).

What happened to the subtle art of flirting and courting.
Making eyes at each other for hours... going for a coffee and not being asked to go back to his place ... or what seems to happen more in my case - to my place because he's got nothing. Whether it's his own place, job, car or just ambition.

I'm really not asking for much, but I think it's only decent for a man who has his sights set on you to have a job, a car, somewhere to stay (that's not his childhood bedroom). Ambition. Manners. He needs to be able to bring something to the "table". I don't think it's fair for me, a single mother, to be expected to take him on dates "because we never do anything any more".

I'm not expecting to be wined and dined and taken for a night on the town (although that could be nice here and there).
A home cooked meal. A picnic in the park. Ten Pen Bowling. A coffee at a coffee shop!! A date doesn't need to cost a fortune.

I know that I get rapped on my knuckles because "how are you expecting to meet a man if you never go out and won't join up to dating sites".
I won't join the dating sites because majority of the men are just a waste of my time. They only want 1 thing!
I don't go out because I don't really have single friends to go out with.
So yes I sit at home and do my own thing. Hoping that on the few times I do get out, maybe Prince Charming will come along and sweep me off my feet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Perfectionist Inside

The raw reality of Mental Illness

The bigger the better…?