Life is Wonderful

This month has been a bit of a hectic financial month.

It started with a vet visit for my Bionic dog, Bella. I nicknamed her Bionic Bella, not because she has any robotic parts, but she's looks like she's been through 5 different wars. She's always been the dog to come out second best in a fight, but she's also made it through some situations other dogs would not have.

Bella and Koda (my 3 year old pup who is about 5 times her size) had a fight one night. She had a few scratches but nothing serious. The way she is, she carried on like nothing was wrong (I once came home to find half her cheek hanging off - her and her brother Odie had been in a fight).
She developed an abscess and I had to take her to the vet to get her on a course of antibiotics.



Next, my lawnmower died. My gardener arrived to mow the lawn and it didn't even start! He had to do something else for the day... I had to get the lawnmower fixed.

As if that hadn't been enough, my geyser decided to burst. I spent almost a week with no hot water before it was finally fixed (boiling water on the stove for a bath does not work!)

I guess I should not have tempted the Universe with my words "come on Universe, you didn't break me, bring it on!".
My fridge stopped working last week. On a Saturday morning, right before Christmas day. I couldn't find anyone to come out over the weekend without charging afterhour rates, and finally got someone to fix it on Monday (Christmas Eve).

In the past, I would've sat there wondering "Why me? Why does everything bad happen to me?" I used to get told it was because I brought it upon myself. I'm not so sure that's true. I think these things happen. This time, I took a deep breath, found the money to fix what I needed (and worked extra hard making jewellery etc to bring in more money). And just got on with life.
I'm not going to tempt the Universe anymore. I'd like to try the opposite and see how that works. I'd like to ask the Universe to bring me happiness, health and prosperity. There's no harm in asking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Perfectionist Inside

The raw reality of Mental Illness

The bigger the better…?