1step forward, 2 steps back...

My life has taken quite a different turn... never did I expect anything like this was about to happen.
Maybe I should've seen it coming but I didn't.
My love for someone totally blinded me to his feelings, and somewhere along the way he stopped loving me. Maybe he never really loved me, I guess I'll never really know. You hear the stories, but you never think it will happen to you. The stories where the man just walks out with no warning... well it happens. I thought we had a match made in Heaven, but he felt different... or felt the same and perhaps it scared him. Well, it takes courage to stay and work on things, so if running is what you do, then I'm better off without you. Thank you for making me a stronger woman.


The past few weeks have been tough, but at the same time its given me time to look at my life.
I've taken a sabbatical from hooping for a few months. A lot of things led up to me making that decision, but I chose to take break rather than push through because I knew if I pushed, I'd give up... hooping was no longer a joy. I'd lost my hooping mojo.
It probably started the day that "somebody" other SOLD my hula hoop. MY hula hoop. My HULA HOOP!!! In all fairness, maybe that person didn't realize the significance of that particular hoop. We were at a festival where I hadn't sold a single hoop, and somebody showed interest in mine (I wasn't there at the time). So said person thought he/ she would do me a favour and at least sell one for the day. I thought it was a joke when I was told it had been sold. Sadly it was no joke, and I could not find the woman who bought it. It was gone forever.
I was devastated. This was the hoop that I learnt to hoop with! I learnt every trick I knew with this hoop. I connected with this hoop. It was mine.
With my hoop gone, I battled to get motivated. I hooped with whichever hoop I could, and never connected with another hoop.
I continued with teaching my hula hoop classes. My students started skipping lessons, then not paying - which was not fair on me as I had hall fees to pay. I didn't charge them very much, I wanted to share my hula hoop knowledge with them. I eventually stopped the lessons and with that I put down my hoops... until felt ready to pick them up again.
I still haven't found a hoop I connect with, but I recently made myself a brand new hoop, and if I don't quite connect with it I will make another, and another...until we connect. I am determined to get back in the hoop and get back my health, fitness and happiness....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Perfectionist Inside

The raw reality of Mental Illness

The bigger the better…?