OCD or CDO?

Half my family suffer from some form of OCD.  Washing hands.... This mustn't be done like this, but precisely like that.... Checking doors (not just one or twice, but sometimes going back home to check the door for the fourth time)... This list goes on...

Years ago I dated a guy who was OCD to the point of being quite painful.  I've never had an issue with feet on the couch (as long as you're not filthy, by all means get comfortable).  "No feet on the couch!"... "Don't sit on that couch" (even with the throw on it)... "The cats can't go in the house, their hair goes on everything" (the cats never did like him)...  I could list 100 things and still never get through all the OCD statements he made.

Even I like the toothpaste to be pushed from the bottom, but with kids around, you're never going to win that battle... But most mornings, I still push the toothpaste up, and then use it, knowing it will be pushed from just below the top of the tube next time...


The other morning, I found the toothpaste like this:

AND LEFT IT!!

I used what I needed to, then put it back with a giggle... Not because the next person also gets it like this (they wouldn't be bothered anyway)... But almost like a statement: "You don't own me".

Ok, I'll have to admit, that night I'm sure I pushed the toothpaste up, but for me - nobody else.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Perfectionist Inside

The raw reality of Mental Illness

The bigger the better…?